A Students Guide To College
The Times are Changing
With the invent of the WWW and advancing technology more jobs are being sent overseas, and many middle market players are being marginalized. Outsourcing and automation are driving innovation. Thomas Friedman says The World is Flat, and in that competitive market an education is no longer optional - it is vital for your personal success.
Learn from My Mistakes
As a student I made a lot of mistakes. My freshman year was a wash, and my second one almost was too. I have decided to share my experiences with the world, compiling tips about
- How to apply: getting ready in high school right through transfering from a 2 year college to a four year college.
- What to study: fields my friends, family, and I are interested in. Also highlights fast growing fields.
- Where to go: compares community college to university life. Also offers information on personal interest courses, distance learning, and continuing education classes.
- Paying for college: information about scholarships, grants, and student loans.
- Other tips: how you can save money on your books and quickly get acquanted to campus life.